SBMAA is organizing a mentorship program aimed at connecting students with medical professional mentors who will formally guide and advise the student through scheduled meetings and activities. We aim to leverage our vast and diverse community of medical professionals to help students through their training, and to strengthen our bonds as SBMAA members in service of our community.
The program would require each mentor-mentee pair to meet (virtually or in person) at least three times in the 2023 calendar year.
- One meeting may be during a dedicated mentorship session at this year’s annual MEDS conference in Dallas on September 9th and 10th. To register for the conference, please click this registration link.
- One or two meetings may be scheduled and planned at the pair’s convenience, with a recommended time of at least 20 minutes per meeting.
- One meeting will be the pair’s participation in a virtual large group session, several of which will be held by SBMAA over the course of the year.
DEADLINE: Monday, July 31st
- Students – If you are interested in finding a matched mentor, please fill out this form
- Medical Professionals – If you are interested in finding a matched student to mentor, please fill out this form
We will be in touch with further details. Shukran!